This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

Monthly wrap up

December 7, 2015
Is that...? A new post?
YES! it is!


Hey guys! I'm back from my NaNoWriMo induced hiatus and I'm really excited because during my break, I did a LOT of stuff and got tons of new ideas for Sailing Through Books that I am going to share with you today!
But first:

WHAT HAVE I BEEN UP TO?


November has been a crazy month for me because everything was happening at the same time!

THE thing that happened during the past month is NaNoWriMo. If you are a new reader here and have no clue what this word means, NaNoWriMo stands for National Novel Writing Month and I have a post here talking about it.
Anyways, as I was saying, that happened and... I won! And not just that, I won a full, complete day in advance! 
Not gonna lie, this year was a pretty intense one. I started off with this idea which I thought was really cool. The first day, I realized that I had to change my original genius idea because it would have been WAY too complicated.
By the way, am I the only who has to learn how to write all over again every November? I mean, I'm always so lost and I always need to figure out: Do I write in first or third person? How do I write dialogue? How the hell did I do this lat year?
Once I had all of this figured out (just kidding! I don't. I just aced it as I went along) I started writing. The first few days were going great, I was ahead, I was in my story... Great I tell you! Then came day 5.



As you can se in this graphics illustrating my word count, I was behind for most of the month. The worst I got was 7000 words behind on November 13th. I didn't fully catch up until November 23rd and I won on Sunday November 29, at 50170 words!

Why did I get so behind you ask? Because I took part in this really cool competition called Place à la Jeunesse. This competition has four category; along with two amazing teammates, I participated in the accounting category and out of the 8 team to get to the final round, we ended up in... FIRST PLACE!
So there's that!

Also, I applied to university. In what you may ask? In two programs:
Ancient Studies
Language Sciences
(both in French of course!)
It was actually very easy; I was just very lazy and waited till last week to send the "official papers" in the mail. Other than that, super quick! Now, I'm waiting for an answer; fingers crossed!

WHAT HAVE I BEEN READING?

I actually managed to read during the month of November! I know right? Yay me! So here are the books that I read, which I might or might not review:


WHAT ARE THOSE FABULOUS IDEAS I MENTIONED?

Well, I won't share all of them with you yet; you silly, impatient child!
But I can tell you what feature will take the place of WRIMOS UNITE, since, you know, NaNoWriMo is over... :
When I first saw you

I won't say anything else right now, you'll just have to wait and see on Thursday! But Personally, I feel like I'm gonna have SO much fun and I really hope you are too!

Also, I won't be doing TTT every Tuesday anymore, but I have a lot of ideas to fill in Tuesday's post so stay tuned for that!

***

I think that's it for me guys! I'm glad to be back and I hope you are too! And if you're not, well, what are you even doing here?

What have you been up to this past month? What's new in your life?

I've missed you guys!
Sophie