This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

When I First Saw You #02

December 17, 2015


What is When I First Saw You? 

When I First Saw You, or WIFSY for short, is a new feature here on Sailing Through Books that consist of writing a synopsis for a book I've never heard of. I will pick a new release and with the cover and the title, come up with a resume to go on the back cover!


You can participate too!

Every Monday, I will be posting the cover for the following week on my Twitter account. If that cover speaks to you, you are more than welcome to write your own made up synopsis and compare it with the actual resume of the book in question.
Since this is an original idea, I ask, please pretty please with the cherry on top, that you link your post back to Sailing Through Books,
And of course! Please do share your post with me! I would be so happy to read the synopsis you came up with!



This week, I'm writing a synopsis for My Brilliant Idea, by author Stuart David
DISCLAIMER: I did not write this book, I'm only stating my first impression of it in the form of a synopsis.

My made-up synopsis

I had this brilliant idea, you see? I thought that I could start this podcast about all the dirty secrets of my fellow classmates and become one of the most popular kid in school. But soon, people started talking shit about this "Secret Sophomore", or the SSguy for short. I realized that I was in deeper than I expected and decided to stop everything. But how could I stop when people were sending me more and more secret every day? When I was gaining leverage against the people who had been tormented me since freshman year?

People started calling the SSguys the new Gossip Girl, or Gossip Girl 2.0. 
Except, it's not an accurate comparison because now? People actually know that I, Flin Grefin, am the SSguy. 

Yeah, my plan of being popular? I can forget about that one...


The real synopsis

Meet fifteen-year-old Jack “The Jackdaw” Dawson, a young man with a serious plan. Daydreaming in class one day, Jack gets an idea he knows can't fail: an app that stops you from daydreaming in class. (Ahem . . . ) Fame, glory, and tons of money seem just around the corner. But Jack runs into some trouble, and suddenly this sure thing doesn’t seem quite so sure.      

Ricocheting from the absurd to the profound in his first book for teens, Stuart David uses his extraordinary intelligence and wit to tell the story of a boy trying to scheme his way out from under the weight of his parents’ expectations. Readers will root for The Jackdaw from beginning to end.


***

Wow! I couldn't be any more wrong!
I had a lot of ideas of what "brilliant' idea could cause the downfall of a high school kid, but an app? An app that stops you from daydreaming, to be more precise? It sounds SO cool! If ever someone did invent that app, I would totally buy a phone and download it! No, family members, this does is not a coded message to buy me a phone!
Stuart David's idea is very fresh and original, plus the cover of his book is absolutely beautiful! I'm excited to hear more about it and I'll definitely keep an eye out for it!

What was your first impression of My Brilliant Idea?

Have a good day, lovelies!

Sophie