This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

Yeah, I "stalk" blogs, do you? -DISCUSSION POST-

March 21, 2016

Hi, my name is Sophie and I stalk* blogs.

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem, right? But is stalking blogs really a problem? That's what I want to talk about with you today.

First, let's discuss what I mean by stalking blogs.

I frequently find myself on new blogs and like some people do, I check older posts to see if I see reviews of books I've read, discussion posts that would interest me, or anything that would make me stick around.

Here's where I want your opinion: would you find it weird if someone left a comment on a post that you wrote a year ago? 

Sometimes, I end up going way back in a blog's archive and I'll find a post that really reaches out to me and when I'm about to leave a comment, I get that second-thought: "should I comment? Will she/he find it weird?". Don't get me wrong, I always end up leaving a comment anyways. But I wonder why it's such a taboo, to "admit" that we have been stalking someone: on their blog, on their Instagram, Twitter, Facebook...

The truth is, we all do it! So why should we refrain from sharing our opinion on something that's a bit out of date? Not being on many social medias myself, I've heard from friends that liking an old picture on Instagram is THE biggest mistake you can do. But why is that? As I said, we all do it and if the person took a great picture, why can't we still compliment them on it after a certain time? The picture's still good, but the time is not? It doesn't make sens to me.

Now, I know that blogging and Instagram isn't on the same "level" when it comes to admitting that you have gone way back is someone's archives, but am I the only one who finds it a bit ridiculous that this non-written rule exists in the first place?

I say, let's be honest with each other and simply admit that we like to know what people had to say in the pasté

What do you think about this whole stalking thing?

Sophie

*stalking is obviously an expression here. I'm all for looking at older posts/pictures, but if it gets to real stalking, I say no. If you think someone is truly stalking you, please alert someone immediately.