This Blog
This Blog
(0)
No Results

Is it July already? - monthly recap -

July 5, 2016



Did you know that 10% of the world's population is left-handed?

What's up cupcakes? Actually scratch that, I'll answer that myself: time is sprinting faster than Usain Bolt, that's what.s up!

We've already started the month of July and a lot happened in June, as well as in May (for which I didn't make a wrap-up because school), so let's take a look, shall we?



What books did you read during the past two months?

I love when you ask me questions like that!

I've been somewhat of a lazy turtle in terms of reading lately and I don't think I'll reach my goal of reading 100 books this year, but it's fine! As long as I'm reading, the numbers are only details.


  • The Awesome, by Eve Darrows ★ : Sarcastic as hell! You should SO read it!
  • Blood Bound. by Patricia Briggs ★ : This book gave me chills people, actual chills! Review over here.
  • The hidden oracle, by Rick Riordan ★½ : Uncle Rick did it again! Brilliant book! Review coming soon.
  • Last year's mistake, by Gina Ciocca ★ : A guy who plays baseball, interesting...!
  • Tonight the streets are ours, by Leila Sales ★ : I mean, as a blogger, you can't expect me to believe everything that happens, do you?


Did you post anything good?

I like to think everything I post is amazing of course, but there are some posts you should check out.

  • The lovely Jessica, from Princessica of Books, participated in WIFSY. Check out her guest post here!
  • Speaking of WIFSY, you might want to check the updates we made to it.
  • I shared my first Sunday Stree Team post, in which I interviewed the author of The Way to Game  the Walk of Shame: Jenn P. Nguyen. She's so nice and the book looks A-Mazing! If you don't want to check out my post, I strongly recommend that you at least check out the book!
What about your real life?

Well aren't you nosy today! It's cool though, I like sharing what's going on outside blogging with you!

  • I graduated from high school! After six long years of hard-work, I finished with an average of 93% and got a couple of scholarship too!
  • In Canada, prom only happens once at the end of high school. I was in charge of organizing it and everything turned out great; I had a blast and I felt like a princess! 

  • I started working full-time, which is great because I like my job and I'm saving up for next year (living on your own is expensive guys)
  • I'm slowly getting yoga and meditation into my morning routine.
What about what's coming next?

Patience is a virtue you know? Just kidding cupcakes, I too like to know what to expect!
  • Reviews, that's a given. Hopefully, I'll be reading a bit more now that summer is here.
  • I have a couple of discussion posts I want to write, so expect some of those.
  • I think July will finally be the time for that tutorial I've been talking about for a while now! Hint: it's Harry Potter related.
  • I want to start a positivity journal, so if you'd like some updates on that, let me know!
  • Also, my blogiversary is coming up: Sailing Through Books will be one on Wednesday. Is it weird that I'm not all that excited? It just doesn't feel like a year already!
Last time, your TBR was at 33. Tell us it got smaller!?!

Well... it did the opposite...
I was actually starting to get it under control, but then I went to look at BookOutlet and ended up buying 6 more books. But my excuse for that is that once the school year starts, getting books in English won't be so easy anymore since I'll be in Québec, so whatever is left of my TBR, I'll simply bring with me!



The 34 books I have at home, plus the five I just borrowed at the library makes a grand total of 39!

Let us guess, you're ending this abruptly again, aren't you?

Look at you, reading my mind like a psychic!


Have a nice day lovelies!

Sophie